Thursday, February 19, 2009

4 Practical Way for Building Up the Church


The 4 practical ways Christians should build up the church come not from my own observation, but from the notes of the Introduction to 1 Corinthians in the ESV Study Bible.
  1. Be sensitive to those of fragile faith (1 Cor. 8:1-9:18; 10:28, 33)
  2. Win unbelievers through culturally sensitive evangelism. (1 Cor. 9:19-23; 10:27, 32-33)
  3. Conduct worship services in such a way that unbelievers present might come to faith. (1 Cor. 14:16, 23-25)
  4. Corporate worship should use the gifts not for personal display, or evaluating who has a better gift, but to build up the church. (1 Cor. 11:2-16; 12:12-30; 14:1-25)
As a pastor, I am found needy when I reflect honestly about myself and the ministry God has given me. I see myself needing to be in a constant state of conforming to the Word of God both in me and ministry. May God grant me and you the strength to be a people who desire to be constantly conforming to the Word and God, and through our submission to God's Word be vessels who build up the Body of Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment